PHN Winter 2019-2020 Season Currently Suspended
The PHN Winter 2019-2020 season is currently suspended until further notice. We received word today that the Vaughan Iceplex has closed its facility due to the ongoing issues with COVID-19. Please stay tuned for more information as we get it!
In other news, the Toronto Maple Leafs………… there is no news.
See you on the ice (soon we hope!),
The Commissioners Office is closely monitoring the situation. As we don’t play till Monday, March 23, we are not going to rush to judgement and make a call right now. Right now we are status quo but we will continue to monitor the developments daily as we get closer to the resumption of play on March 23.
Regardless, the PHN will institute the following:
- No team set of water bottles for this season, every person must have their own water bottle. This is done and mandated in Minor Hockey, and so there will be NO SHARING OF WATER BOTTLES.
- No handshakes, just fist bumps with gloves on.
- If you are sick please stay home and be considerate of others.
- Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face no matter how pretty it is!
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada then please ensure you have considered self-quarantining yourself for 14 days. If you have come from an infected area, do not come to hockey.
- Don’t steal the TP from the rink….not that you would want to…
For tips on how to stay healthy and safe:
Government of Canada
Hope everyone has a great week and stay safe!
See you on the ice,